Translating Dynamic Data examples from C# to VB RRS feed

• Question

• User-1145838388 posted

I am trying to work through the issues of specifying column order and adding support for the DateAjaxCalendar_Edit.ascx Field Template demonstrated in the DynamicDataFutures0716 samples.

Unfortunately all the examples provided are in C#, which I barely understand, even though I have been a competent VB6 and Access VBA programmer since 1997 when Access97 was released.

Is there a VB version of this code? 

Am I asking in the wrong forums? My previous question was answered using C# code even though I specified VB.

I have found a C# to VB.net translation utility at http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/charp-to-vb.aspx but the  conversion is not always complete. The prospect of converting an entire project is somewhat daunting.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I could go about obtaining the VB.NET version of DynamicDataFutures0716

Surely not all the development team at Microsoft are C#-only programmers?!

All suggestions would be welcome

Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:47 PM

Answers

• User-1005219520 posted

Hey Donn,

I'll look into converting the futures project to VB (can't promise anything). All the MSDN DD documents have VB and C# samples. I think most of the dev's are bi-language-lingual.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:10 PM