Any progress on AddSameLayer? RRS feed

• Question

• There is AddSameLayer method in GeometryGraph object which allows to group nodes in layers, it has comment "NOT SUPPORTED YET". I need to visualize process that has initial state and final state, so I need to position initial state on top and final state on bottom of the layout. As I see the only hope to do this is to use AddSameLayer.

So my questions are: is project dead or developing is in progress and when AddSameLayer will be implemented?

Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• The project is not dead but rather consumed by internal Microsoft products like Visual Studio. I am sorry to inform you that no further MSAGL updates are planned currently, although the feature that you are requesting has been implemented.
    Thanks,
    Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Monday, December 27, 2010 7:12 PM
  • Thanks for answer. It seems MS dropped community support on this project. Good news, I found much better alternative: GraphViz, although it is ugly unmanaged win32 dll, it's functionality is outstanding. 
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 9:45 AM
  • Sib2 - I'm personally happy with MSAGL, but if you want to use GraphViz, you might find it easier to use its commandline interface (passing it a dot file) and read its output file rather than interoping with it...
    Monday, January 3, 2011 10:21 PM
  • Command-line interface has bad performance when using it in web application. And it's not so hard to call win32 dll from c#, here is working example http://implicitoperator.com/blog/2009/12/24/rendering-an-in-memory-graphviz-image-with-c.html  
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Interesting, Thanks for that !
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:25 PM