Problems with fresh set up Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1796399710 posted

Hi after being up all night and even solving my issues on the new set up server (2012 Essentials) to find a way to deploy my projects I give up.

My normal project I am working on throws following exception when I try to deploy it to the server over WebDav and over Web Deploy:

3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(657,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\Web\CollectFiles\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.OnlyFilesToRunTheApp.targets" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets (793,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [S:\Arbeit\BAP\trunk_bap\BAP\BAP.csproj]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2803,46): Error MSB4115: The "exists" function only accepts a scalar value, but its argument "$(PublishParametersFile)" evaluates to "Z:\BAP.Publish.Parameters.xml;Z:\BAP.Publish.Parameters.xml" which is not a scalar value.

Depending on some factors (ways of deploying it is one of them) the paths, and variables change. one thing always stays the same: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2803,46): Error MSB4115: The "exists" function only accepts a scalar value, but its argument

After that, I tried to set up a simple MVC 4 Internet Application just to test if the server works and if the deployment works and I got the following errors:

1>Connecting to Z:\...
    1>Transformed Web.config using c:\users\peter\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\MvcApplication1\MvcApplication1\Web.Debug.config into obj\Debug\TransformWebConfig\transformed\Web.config.
    1>Copying all files to temporary location below for package/publish:
    1>obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp.
    1>Publishing folder /...
    1>Unable to add 'Global.asax' to the Web site.  Unable to add file 'Global.asax'.  The system cannot find the file specified.
    1>Unable to add 'packages.config' to the Web site.  Unable to add file 'packages.config'.  The system cannot find the file specified.
    1>Unable to add 'Web.config' to the Web site.  Unable to add file 'Web.config'.  The system cannot find the file specified.
    1>Unable to add folder 'bin' to the Web site.  Cannot create folder 'bin'.  The system cannot find the file specified.
    1>Publishing folder Content...
    1>Publishing folder Content/themes...
    1>Publishing folder Content/themes/base...
    1>Publishing folder Content/themes/base/images...
    1>Publishing folder Content/themes/base/minified...
    1>Publishing folder Content/themes/base/minified/images...
    1>Publishing folder Images...
    1>Publishing folder Scripts...
    1>Publishing folder Views...
    1>Unable to add 'Views/Web.config' to the Web site.  Unable to add file 'Views\Web.config'.  The system cannot find the file specified.
    1>Publishing folder Views/Account...
    1>Publishing folder Views/Home...
    1>Publishing folder Views/Shared...

Any idea what is wrong???

As i said, i have everything set up new (~2 week old top) and doubt that i managed to screw up something in that short time.

Both projects work when running with F5 on the client. And I was definitly able to publish the 1 project with my old set up (Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010 and Windows Server 2003 via FTP Publishing)

I hope that somebody can give me a hint on what to change / how to fix it.

Thx

regards

Peter

Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:37 AM

All replies

• User1783161131 posted

Hi, did you solve it?

I'm having the same problem, unpredictable when the message occurs, some times I published ok, sometimes not,

Thank you,

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:41 AM