[UWP] A user has error 0x803F800A when trying to download my app how do i deal with this? RRS feed

• Question

• I received this one star review in the store:

I used the trial and loved this! I purchased it - or so I thought - but keep getting an error message. "Something went wrong. The error code is 0x803F800A, in case you need it." I hate to do this publicly but could not find any contact info... Please help and I'd be glad to change my rating!

I am certain this is not my problem but how do I deal with this?

• Edited by qualar1 Friday, April 14, 2017 7:45 AM typo
    Friday, April 14, 2017 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on the Reviews report:

You may occasionally see reviews disappear from this report. This can happen because Microsoft removes reviews from the Store that are written by customers running certain pre-release and Insider builds of Windows 10. We do this to reduce the possibility of a negative review that is caused by a problem in a pre-release Windows build. We may also remove reviews from the Store that have been identified as spam, inappropriate, offensive or have other policy violations. We expect this action will result in a better customer experience.

You can contact Dev Center support through your developer account to report your concern. If they can make sure the error is due to the Store side, they may remove that review. 

If it's helpful, please mark it as answer so that other community could find it more conveniently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by qualar1 Monday, April 17, 2017 7:41 AM
    Monday, April 17, 2017 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>I am certain this is not my problem

Please have your customer contact consumer support.

Or you can ask him to post a question at answers forum.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Friday, April 14, 2017 9:36 AM
    Friday, April 14, 2017 9:06 AM
  • The problem I have is that the customer has not emailed me they just left a one star review.  Is there any way I can get this review removed because this complaint is not about my app but the fact they cant download it?
    Friday, April 14, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Hello,

>Is there any way I can get this review removed because this complaint is not about my app but the fact they cant download it?

You're not able to remove the review yourself.

According to the customer, he or she is glad to change the rating. So you can respond to the customer reviews and forward the support channel he or she can try.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:35 AM
  • I have already done that but so far the customer has not contacted me.  I was wondering if there was a contact for issues like this where MS can remove invalid reviews?
    Friday, April 14, 2017 10:12 AM
  • Hello,

Based on the Reviews report:

You may occasionally see reviews disappear from this report. This can happen because Microsoft removes reviews from the Store that are written by customers running certain pre-release and Insider builds of Windows 10. We do this to reduce the possibility of a negative review that is caused by a problem in a pre-release Windows build. We may also remove reviews from the Store that have been identified as spam, inappropriate, offensive or have other policy violations. We expect this action will result in a better customer experience.

You can contact Dev Center support through your developer account to report your concern. If they can make sure the error is due to the Store side, they may remove that review. 

If it's helpful, please mark it as answer so that other community could find it more conveniently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by qualar1 Monday, April 17, 2017 7:41 AM
    Monday, April 17, 2017 7:13 AM