none
[MS-OXCRPC] AUX_EXORGINFO default RRS feed

• Question

• G'day,

[MS-OXCRPC] — v20101026 "Wire Format Protocol Specification" Section 2.2.2.19 "AUX_EXORGINFO" specifies the OrgFlags, which essentially indicates whether public folders are present in the organization or not.

Question: What is the default assumption for this flag? That is, if this header is not provided, does the client assume public folders are available or not?

[This is low priority]

Brad

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:52 AM

Answers

• Brad, please take a look at MS-OXCRPC section 3.1.8.2. There is a table in that section with the following information about AUX_EXORGINFO that I believe answers your question.

"Sent to the client as informational data to help the client decide whether it needs to alter its behavior against the server. The data provided informs the client of the presence of public folders within the organization. A client MUST NOT try to open a public store if the server informs the client that it is not present or disabled. If this block is not returned to the client, the client assumes that public folders are available within the organization."

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies

• Brad,

One of our engineers will take ownership of this inquiry and follow-up with you shortly.

Regards,

Edgar

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:52 PM
  • Hi Brad, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:03 PM
  • Brad, please take a look at MS-OXCRPC section 3.1.8.2. There is a table in that section with the following information about AUX_EXORGINFO that I believe answers your question.

"Sent to the client as informational data to help the client decide whether it needs to alter its behavior against the server. The data provided informs the client of the presence of public folders within the organization. A client MUST NOT try to open a public store if the server informs the client that it is not present or disabled. If this block is not returned to the client, the client assumes that public folders are available within the organization."

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:46 PM
  • Josh,

Thanks. That does indeed answer the question.

My apologies for not investigating this properly myself.

Brad

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:46 PM