none
SCRIPTS RRS feed

• Question

• I have written scripts before to save attachments directly to folders. I am currently using Outlook 2016. Now the script doesn't run and the attachments aren't saved - they just come into my inbox. Creating rules doesn't work either. Please assist as we desperately need this function, or an add on / app to enable this.

Thanks and best regards

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Jo-ann,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Then here we mainly focus on general issues related to Outlook client. Since your query is about using scripts in Outlook, I'll move your thread to the dedicated MSDN forum for Outlook for better response.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:45 AM
  • Hello Jo,

You said the script does not run, do you mean if the script could not be fired or it could not work to save attachments?

If the script could not be fired,could you tell us when will you call these scripts? How do you call these scripts?

If the script could not work to save attachments, please share us the code in your script.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:24 AM