none
File cleanup utility RRS feed

All replies

• Yeah, be patient. Steve has updated this handy utility for every version so far, and while I can't read his mind, of course, I would imagine that he will do so again. In his own time, when he gets time.  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 3:10 AM
  • Patience, grasshopper.  EW4 was just released, and FPCleaner is provided by Steve on his own time, for free, purely out of generousity.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:36 AM
  • So what I dont understand, why doesnt MS put that capability in it's own software and have it automatically run. I mean, it's a great service Steve provides, but why does it remain necessary???

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    MyNumbersTracker.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:01 PM
  • Clark:

It's clear to me that the metadata situation in EW has gotten out of control. You would think that each successive version of FrontPage and now EW would have tightened things up but my impression is that the back end workings of EW are a mess.

You are right - FPCleaner should not be necessary. Failing that, it should be built in.

Will
    Baltimore, MD USA - www.fastie.com
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:22 PM
  • Had an email from Steve - he is working on it!
    We should all be patient as he does all this for free - just be grateful that it will soon be available.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:27 PM
  • I almost think MS should compensate Steve. I wonder how many installations he has saved for them?

I agree with Will 100%

Steve- you are a hero!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:16 PM
  • Ask and you shall recieve:

Just published, FPCleaner for EW4

http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/ew4.htm

Thanks surferbob, I wouldn't go quite that far though.

Expression Web MVP

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:43 PM