none
Expressions and calculations not working in report RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am creating a c# Winforms Application, using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

Within this project I created a rdlc report, which is used in a report viewer.

I've added a dataset, and when the program is ran, the fields display fine. The fields display as [Field1] or [Firstname] in design view, and show their actual value when the program has ran.

I have added a table into the report which showes item description, quantity and price. I want to find the total of the price of the items. I have tried entering in the textbox =Sum(itemunitprice) or =Sum(fields!itemunitprice.value), and when the program has ran it doesn’t calculate the total, just displays =Sum(fields!itemunitprice.value).

I'm not sure if this information is useful, but when I first made the report I tried to concatenate the FirstName field with the Surname field, so I tried =[Firstname] & " " & [Surname]. Once again when the program ran it displayed =[Firstname] & " " & [Surname]. When I replaced the textbox text with [Firstname] [Surname] the report displayed the data as it should.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

• Edited by J9070749 Monday, November 12, 2012 12:21 PM Tried to make more comprehensive
    Monday, November 12, 2012 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have found a link to the same problem below, there is no solution but may help you understand my proplem.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/vsreportcontrols/thread/fb42de07-2f22-4036-ba4c-078cac7e4d68

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:31 PM