How to get data (result) of Load Testing result into C# and create customize report RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I have two set of code, one is API which is written in c# and UI which is written in node.js

My questions are :

1) I have written 5 load test of API. How can I get result in c#? Is result store into XML format? Is there any class library available to use?

2) My UI is in node.js. Can i create Load test for Node.Js? If yes, please give me some link.

Regards,

M Sheth 

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:11 AM

Answers

• Hi M Sheth,

1) I have written 5 load test of API. How can I get result in c#? Is result store into XML format? Is there any class library available to use?

Actually this forum is to discuss the test issue, if you write the extension for it or you want to achieve it with C# code, I’m afraid that it is out of support range of VS testing forum. But maybe I could provide useful information or correct path for you.

The load test results are saved to the SQL Server Database.

Reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182600.aspx

I think if you connect to your database in Server Explorer window, you would get more information there.

Reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/16a31a4f-d979-4742-ae1d-6b9f3f2a9518/managing-load-test-results-programmatically?forum=vststest

Maybe you could get useful information from Anuj’s suggestion.

>> 2) My UI is in node.js. Can i create Load test for Node.Js? If yes, please give me some link.

Which VS version did you have? Actually the load test is not a complete test type, I mean that firstly we would create the web performance test or the coded UI test or others, and then add it to the load test, so if you really want to test an app, you would share us the real functions you want to test, so we could know which kind of tests you could create before you add it to a load test.

For example:

The unit test: It is used to test the class methods.

The web tests: Web tests are used to test the functionality of Web applications and to test Web applications under load. Web tests are used both in performance tests and stress tests.

The load tests: When you add Web tests to a load test, you simulate multiple users opening simultaneous connections to a server and making multiple HTTP requests. When you add unit tests to a load test, you exercise the performance of non-Web based server components.

The coded UI tests: New feature in VS 2010, these tests provide functional testing of the user interface and validation of user interface controls.  

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 6, 2015 7:23 AM