IndexedDB in Metro App based on Javascript & HTML5

Question

• Hi all,

I am new to metro app development using JavaScript & HTML5. I want to save the data in metro application (client-side local storage) for this purpose I am trying to use "IndexedDB".

I have created the database and object store (table) But I am not able to view the database and the tables that I have created using IndexedDB. I have tried to open the database and the tables using IDB Browser and SQLite Manager of Firefox. But was not able to view the contents of the database and object store (table).

In Chrome there is option of IndexedDB and Web SQL  under Resources tab in Developers Tool. But there is nothing in it.

IndexedDB_Empty

Can you guys help me in locating the database and object store(table) created using IndexedDB and also in viewing their contents.

Help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vishwajeet.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:11 AM

Answers

• As far as I know, there's no build-in Tool to view the contents of indexeddb in Win 8 Apps. There is however a small package which is described in this blog post. You could grab the package and add it to your app. Of course you should just show the contents during debug sessions :-)
    • Edited by André KrämerMVP Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:21 PM edited link
    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, February 10, 2014 1:50 AM
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:20 PM

All replies

• I am confused - aside from the fact that you're writing a Windows Store JavaScript app, what does this question have to do with Store app development?  I'm just thinking that you're asking in the wrong forum for assistance.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:13 PM
  • As far as I know, there's no build-in Tool to view the contents of indexeddb in Win 8 Apps. There is however a small package which is described in this blog post. You could grab the package and add it to your app. Of course you should just show the contents during debug sessions :-)
    • Edited by André KrämerMVP Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:21 PM edited link
    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, February 10, 2014 1:50 AM
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:20 PM