What kind of VS project do these websites look like? RRS feed

• Question

• User1642115476 posted

Hello,

Please have a look at these websites:

https://www.otssolutions.com/
    https://www.konverge.com/
    http://spotsolutions.com/

If you were to develop a website like this, and you were working in VS 2017, what project type would you open with? I'm a fan of MVC, but in my experience, that's only useful if you're doing a lot of data extraction and manipulation--connecting to a database and doing a lot of heavy querying--but the websites above seem relatively static--like any changes to be made would be only on rare occasions and they'd bring in the web master to do some fancy HTML, CSS, Javascript modifications.

Yet it seem a bit too complicate to describe it as a simple static HTML website. Is there some other project type that one can choose from the VS 2017 templates that you would think matches what you see at the websites above?

Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:02 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

you could make them with static html and a good amount of well written CSS with animations etc.

ASP.NET MVC's purpose is to generate html so it could be used to create these.

Half a year ago I personally started making use of Jekyll to make up my website. Jekyll's a static site generator tool that generates html from markdown files which I make up in VS Code (any editor can do, also notepad as it's just text). My old blog's still running on dasBlog though but will be phased out over time when I completed the endeavor to make all the posts in Jekyll.

Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:54 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi gib9898,

First, You need to check your own requirements.

Will your Web Application provide any interactive feature?

If not, You can just try to use any text editor for example Notepad ++ to create and modify HTML, CSS, JS files.

Then you can directly try to deploy it.

On the internet, so many sites provides these kinds of HTML5 Templates for free. You just need to download it and modify it as per your requirement.

In that case you not need to use Visual Studio.

If your Web Application will provide interactive feature that use .Net Framework, Database and other things then you need to use Visual Studio to develop a Web Application.

Again You can choose the type of application based on your requirement.

Like from options below you can choose best suitable options.

If your site is static and you create a project in Visual studio which have the much more capability and features then what is the use of that in your static site.

Regards

Deepak

Friday, April 27, 2018 2:24 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

you could make them with static html and a good amount of well written CSS with animations etc.

ASP.NET MVC's purpose is to generate html so it could be used to create these.

Half a year ago I personally started making use of Jekyll to make up my website. Jekyll's a static site generator tool that generates html from markdown files which I make up in VS Code (any editor can do, also notepad as it's just text). My old blog's still running on dasBlog though but will be phased out over time when I completed the endeavor to make all the posts in Jekyll.

Kris.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:54 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi gib9898,

First, You need to check your own requirements.

Will your Web Application provide any interactive feature?

If not, You can just try to use any text editor for example Notepad ++ to create and modify HTML, CSS, JS files.

Then you can directly try to deploy it.

On the internet, so many sites provides these kinds of HTML5 Templates for free. You just need to download it and modify it as per your requirement.

In that case you not need to use Visual Studio.

If your Web Application will provide interactive feature that use .Net Framework, Database and other things then you need to use Visual Studio to develop a Web Application.

Again You can choose the type of application based on your requirement.

Like from options below you can choose best suitable options.

If your site is static and you create a project in Visual studio which have the much more capability and features then what is the use of that in your static site.

Regards

Deepak

Friday, April 27, 2018 2:24 AM
  • User1642115476 posted

Thanks both,

I will give this some thought and decide upon an approach later.

Friday, April 27, 2018 2:30 AM