none
Multi Users from DataSource file are not used in Visual Studio 2015 for Reservations in a secured Application.

Question

• I am Testing a simple application using above VS 2015 Enterprise.

1.  Launch the Browser and navigate to App

2. Login to the App

3.  Create a reservation (this is our business)

4.  Logout of App

Recorded the script with user User01 (with its password) and able to play back without any issue and able to find the reservation in our Database (that shows there is new reservation created by the userUser01)

Used the same script and added a data source that is .csv file with User02 & User03 (with their passwords). Did (in Local.test settings)setting (one run per data source row) and executed Web test and also Load test. ( Tried both Web Test and Load test) Execution is fine and I see User02 & User03 been used in Run1 and Run2 in VS 2015.

But when I check our reservation Database it shows there are two new reservations created by the user User01 (the one I recorded script with) and this is an issue. It should actually have created two new reservations with two users namely User02 & User03 (that are in my .csv file). Could you let me know, what I am missing or what I should be adding.

• Edited by Krishna0369 Monday, January 23, 2017 4:25 AM details
    Monday, January 23, 2017 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Krishna,

According to your description, please describe your issue clearly that could help others to help you troubleshot this issue quickly.

>>But when I check our reservation Database it shows there are two new reservations created by the user User01 (the one I recorded script with) and this is an issue.

According to this sentence, which issue you encountered, it is happened in web test or load test?  How do you set the data source in web test?

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:53 AM