none
How to get the PrimarySmtpAddress from a x.500 format address in outlook addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Here is my problem:  In my outlook addin, I am going to construct a MailItem  and send it. I assign the 'to' of the MailItem with a x.500 address, such as "/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test@comtest.com228". This x.500 address is what I get from the outlook address book. Then I find that this address can not be resolved correctly.

Outlook.MailItem newmail = (Outlook.MailItem)app.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem);

newmail.to = "/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test@comtest.com228";

...// set other filed of the newmail

if(newmail..Recipients.ResolveAll())

newmail.Send();

After ReolvedAll() is called, I get such a recipient{ Address:/cn=Recipients/cn=test@comtest.com228, Name:/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT, AddressEntry.AddressEntryUserType:olSmtpAddressEntry}.  But it should be a olExchangeUserAddressEntry addressEntry and should have a correct Address.

For the address like this"/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test2.comtest.com228" which doesn't contain '@',  it resolves perfectly.

My question is: how could I get a correct Address(a real smtp address) from this kind of  x.500 address?

Thanks.

• Edited by zhdai Monday, August 19, 2013 2:10 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 12:16 AM

All replies

• Can you try to get rid of the "EX:" prefix?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Monday, August 19, 2013 2:41 AM
  • Hi Dmitry,

Yes, I have tried to get rid of the "EX:".

The Address "/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test2.comtest.com228" works fine.  The address is resolved to the right exchange user.

But the Address "/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=test@comtest.com228" still got the same problem.  It resolved to { Address:/cn=Recipients/cn=test@comtest.com228, Name:/o=ComTest/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT, AddressEntry.AddressEntryUserType:olSmtpAddressEntry}

• Edited by zhdai Monday, August 19, 2013 2:05 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 2:03 PM