Allow multiple bookings for the same time slot RRS feed

• Question

• User1171355650 posted

Hi there, first post here.

I'm trying to figure out an efficient way to design a system that allows multiple bookings (up to a limit) for the same time slot. A cabin is available to be booked and shared by up to four people and every individual can book their personal time slot and will be charged accordingly (e.g. person A booked from 1PM-4PM, person B booked from 1PM-2PM, person C booked from 10AM-5PM, person D booked from 4PM-5PM). A new customer should be able to book for the time slot(s) when three or less people are supposed to be there.

I can design a simple cookie-cutter booking system where each time slot is allocated to unique person/group of persons, but would really appreciate any help with this kind of system.

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:11 PM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

What problem are you having?  What is the logic problem that you are not able to solve?

Saturday, October 12, 2019 6:55 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi Learner4,

(e.g. person A booked from 1PM-4PM, person B booked from 1PM-2PM, person C booked from 10AM-5PM, person D booked from 4PM-5PM

According to your description, I found that your requirement are a bit like the restaurant reservation system.

I found an article about ASP.NET web application project for managing restaurant table reservations for your as a reference:

https://code.daypilot.org/34704/restaurant-table-reservation-tutorial-asp-net-c-vb-net

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Sam

Monday, October 14, 2019 6:41 AM