none
VS2015 - Editor broken

Question

• More than once now the editor is not working properly. At this moment a keys work fine but the back space and enter key do not work. I'm a bit surprised that these basic functions (like performance mentioned in another thread) seems to difficult. How do I reactivate backspace and enter when in the flow of programming? You guys should know how annoying that is.
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:51 AM

Answers

• More than once now the editor is not working properly. At this moment a keys work fine but the back space and enter key do not work. I'm a bit surprised that these basic functions (like performance mentioned in another thread) seems to difficult. How do I reactivate backspace and enter when in the flow of programming? You guys should know how annoying that is.

Hi,

if they stop working after you did start debugging, simply start debugging once again and quit the application. Thats a workaround working on my system. There seems to be a hotfix or Update1

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1695522/visual-studio-stops-responding-to-control-keys

Regards,

Thorsten

Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:31 AM
  • Hi theking2,

This forum is to discuss the VS Editor, but to really understand this issue, would you mind letting us know more information about this issue?

Do you mean that the space or enter key doesn't work when you edit one project file like the following screen shot?

If so, whether all project files have the same issue? For example, just create a simple blank C# console app, and then open the .cs file, edit it, how about the result?

If all projects' files have the same issue in the VS Editor:

(1) Did you get any setup error when you install the VS? Please repair your VS, and reset your VS settings, check it again.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247075(v=vs.100).aspx

(2)Please install the VS2015 update 1.

(3) One important issue is that you would make sure that it is the hardware issue, maybe it is related to the computer keyboard or others.

If I have misunderstood thissue, please feel free to let me know, it would be better if you could provide us a screen shot about the real issue.

Best Regards,

Jack 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi theking2,

This forum is to discuss the VS Editor, but to really understand this issue, would you mind letting us know more information about this issue?

Do you mean that the space or enter key doesn't work when you edit one project file like the following screen shot?

If so, whether all project files have the same issue? For example, just create a simple blank C# console app, and then open the .cs file, edit it, how about the result?

If all projects' files have the same issue in the VS Editor:

(1) Did you get any setup error when you install the VS? Please repair your VS, and reset your VS settings, check it again.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247075(v=vs.100).aspx

(2)Please install the VS2015 update 1.

(3) One important issue is that you would make sure that it is the hardware issue, maybe it is related to the computer keyboard or others.

If I have misunderstood thissue, please feel free to let me know, it would be better if you could provide us a screen shot about the real issue.

Best Regards,

Jack 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:31 AM

Hi,

if they stop working after you did start debugging, simply start debugging once again and quit the application. Thats a workaround working on my system. There seems to be a hotfix or Update1

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1695522/visual-studio-stops-responding-to-control-keys

Regards,

Thorsten

Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:31 AM