Camera Module with CSI ( Camera Serial Interface ) RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone ever tried using camera module with CSI interface?
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:45 AM

Answers

• hello

Its part of the Hardware Manufacturer to provide drivers for their Hardware

br
    Andre

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:16 AM

All replies

• Do you have got a solution? I meet this problem without finding any results.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 4:45 AM
  • Hi JohnWahono & kylinkings,

I believe the CSI you are asking about is Unique to the Raspberry Pi, correct?  Unfortunately, the Raspberry Pi BSP does not provide drivers for this port but Windows IoTCore does have drivers for USB cameras. As these USB Cameras would not be tied to a specific platform, you should be able to use them on any IoTCore board.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:17 PM
  • Hello,

The famous Raspberry PI camera has a CSI Interface, the UP board uses the same interface but actually no camera is available for the UP board under Win 10 because no drivers from Microsoft are available up to now ? 

Is Microsoft working on a solution for this to get soon drivers for the MIPI CSI or CSI-2 Interfaces ? It can't be possible theat under Linux the developpers are quicker then at Microsoft which works Intel based for such a long time and which should support Intel processors better then Linux ?

Best regards and hope to get good news soon

Martin 

Monday, February 13, 2017 9:46 AM
  • hello

Its part of the Hardware Manufacturer to provide drivers for their Hardware

br
    Andre

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:16 AM
  • I suppose given that is has been years with no change, Microsoft is saying we should use Linux for Broadcom GPU based solutions? Microsoft could make a deal with Broadcom to get RPI GPU and camera drivers done.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:37 PM
  • Yes, I tried it for raspberry pi 3 model b+ using windows 10 IoT OS but it is not working.
    Friday, August 3, 2018 12:43 PM