Where is the DB connection string for Azure AD Connect? RRS feed

• Question

• My DB is in an AlwaysOn configuration so it wont let me upgrade the DB, i would need to remove it from that first. Where is the DB connection string so i can point it to a different location instead of the AlwaysOn listener i use?

cheers

Jon

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:28 AM

Answers

• You can update the AADConnect server's registry, but everything should just soft-match back up if you start from scratch - unless you've got extensive customization.

$SQLInstance = (gp 'HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ADSync\Parameters').SQLInstance
    $ADSyncInstance = (gp 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Shared Instances\ADSync').InstanceName

You can also follow the steps mentioned in this document - Move the Azure AD Connect database

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:46 AM

All replies

• You can update the AADConnect server's registry, but everything should just soft-match back up if you start from scratch - unless you've got extensive customization.

$SQLInstance = (gp 'HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ADSync\Parameters').SQLInstance
    $ADSyncInstance = (gp 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Shared Instances\ADSync').InstanceName

You can also follow the steps mentioned in this document - Move the Azure AD Connect database

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Thanks Neelseh thats what i needed,

cheers,

Jon

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:11 PM