Ridiculous fast certification process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

The last 3 apps I published took less than one day to pass the whole process(two of them took like 10 minutes).

What is going on? Does this mean Microsoft cannot afford to hire people to test our apps? Or it's just me?

Don't get me wrong, fast is good. But 10 minutes? This is ridiculous.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:28 PM

All replies

• It seems that Microsoft has implemented priority automated reviews. I expect that developers with a solid track record get thruogh automatically (once the actual automated WACK tests are done).

I assume they also take a more Google-like approach of letting apps through and waiting until a complaint is made before actually having a human look. Or if a developer has had complaints maybe their apps need to be reviewed by a human? Maybe certain categories are looked at more carefully (e.g. banking apps, apps that require certain permissions)?

I think they also improved a lot of the back-end to prevent apps with default icons or missing privacy policies, which were big reasons for failing approval.

They did a talk at Build this year about some of the ways they have automated more of the approval process. Look it up on Channel 9 if you're interested.

My apps all get through very quickly, though I recently had a warning a few days after an app went live saying it must be updated because it doesn't match the submission (a bug in the app had it displaying the wrong 'branding' for that version), so someone is looking at apps.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, October 24, 2014 12:58 AM