Insufficient disk space issue when publishing a web site project RRS feed

• Question

• User206383436 posted

I have been working on 2 web site projects for some time and I had published both of them to a local folder without any trouble several times. A while ago, I tried to publish one of them and I am getting an error message saying that there is insufficient space. The other project is published correctly. I have checked the available space in my hard drive and there is more than enough to achieve this task. I will very much appreciate any advice.

Respectfully,
    Jorge Maldonado 

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:13 PM

Answers

• User206383436 posted

I have solved my issue.
    My hard disk has 2 partitions: "C" for Windows OS and "D" for any other purpose. My application records information in text log files and, for some reason, one of these files grew more than 10 GB. This caused the "Insufficient disk space" message because the ASP.NET temporary files are located in "C".

Best regards,
    Jorge Maldonado 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:55 PM

All replies

• User551462331 posted

I think it is one of those buggy behaviour of VS... did u try restarting Visual studio and tried publishing again?

what exactly is error message and when is it displayed?

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:17 PM
  • User206383436 posted

I think it is one of those buggy behaviour of VS... did u try restarting Visual studio and tried publishing again?

what exactly is error message and when is it displayed?

Yes, I even closed VS and restarted my PC.

I get a series of "Building directory" messages and, in one of them, the process stops and displays the message: Publication (web): Insufficient disk space. That´s it.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:24 PM
  • User206383436 posted

I have solved my issue.
    My hard disk has 2 partitions: "C" for Windows OS and "D" for any other purpose. My application records information in text log files and, for some reason, one of these files grew more than 10 GB. This caused the "Insufficient disk space" message because the ASP.NET temporary files are located in "C".

Best regards,
    Jorge Maldonado 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:55 PM