Lightswitch HTML Odata ( write access: addnew/edit/delete buttons are always disabled) RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to use Odata as datasource in lightswitch html. I am using ado.net and created WCF data services. using "http://localhost:62150/WcfDataService1.svc/"  in lightswitchhtml app i was able to read data. But I could not enable AddNew, Edit , Delete buttons which I have added in screens. I have given all rights to the entity in WCF service (eg: config.SetEntitySetAccessRule("*", EntitySetRights.All); ). How can I get write access (enable Add,edit). I am using CHROME.
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi tek122,

When you attached to the data source did you chose "Attach to the data source as read only" ? I think it might be checked as default.  Can you verify that?

Thanks

Pierson

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:05 AM

All replies

• Hi tek122,

When you attached to the data source did you chose "Attach to the data source as read only" ? I think it might be checked as default.  Can you verify that?

Thanks

Pierson

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:05 AM
  • Thank you PiersonLee. I did not realize that it is clicked
    Friday, April 12, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Hi tek122,

Did you manage to enable full access ? Did you have to delete your datasource and re-attach it, or find a setting to allow read-write access ?

Friday, April 12, 2013 9:31 PM