AutocompleteBox Sorting via Navigation Property RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I'm trying to sort an AutocompleteBox via a related entity but it seems to not work. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 2:48 PM

All replies

• HI Michael,

Could you show the code snippet you used? we will help look into it.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:46 AM
  • Angie,

I used this code for the "Additional Query Code" of the table

query = query.OrderBy(c => c.Manufacturer.CompanyCode);

I also tried it with the query designer to no avail.

Michael
    Friday, November 13, 2015 2:35 AM
  • Hi Michael,

This code snippet doesn't provide much information to troubleshoot, do you get any error message or any other information?

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:30 AM
  • Angie,

No error message. The only issue is not matter how I try to sort via a navigation property, it still shows the default sorting. And yes, I have set the query as the choices for the autocompletebox. Sorting via regular properties such as Id works though, so I had the feeling this is related to the sorting property being a navigation one.

Michael

Friday, November 20, 2015 2:30 PM