none
BT 2013 Admin Console not showing Custom BehaviorExtension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi... I am just getting started with BizTalk 2013 R2, and am following the online tutorial for SalesForce integration (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn198272.aspx). I created a strongly named assembly that contains a class which inherits from BehaviorExtensionElement. I have installed this assembly in the 4.0 GAC. I updated the machine.config files (x86 and 64) for the 4.0 framework... restarted the BizTalk service, restarted the Admin Console, restarted the machine, all to no avail. I cannot get the new behaviorExtension to show up in the list of extensions for the WCF-WebHttp Adapter Transport. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I am using VS 2013 Ultimate, and BizTalk is running on Server 2012 R2 64-bit.

Thanks!

Phil

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Any particular reason you are using the class library from with .net framework 4.0?Upgrade the class library to supported 4.5 frame work and then try

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

you updated machine.config under behaviorExtensions section ?

<add name="TagHeaderBehavior" type="<yourAssembly>.TagHeaderBehaviorExtensionElement,<YourAssembly>, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dklfjdkljfdlkjflkdjf" />

Make sure your class is public 

Make sure you override IEndpointBehavior

public class SalesForceWchClientEndpointBehavior : AttributeIEndpointBehavior

Hope this helps. 

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

Couple of pointers you can look at based on your query,

1) Make sure you have updated correct framework machine.config files

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.X.XXXX\Config\machine.config

2) Since it is a BehaviorExtensionElement, it should be placed under BehaviourExtensions section of machine.config file.

for an instance,

<system.serviceModel>
    <extensions>
    <behaviorExtensions>
    <add name="BizTalkAuth" type="Microsoft.Samples.BizTalk.Adapters.WCFAuthorization.BizTalkWCFAuthElement, WCFAuthorization, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=85b32fccee4970f5"/>
    </behaviorExtensions>
    <extensions>
    <system.serviceModel

Hope this Helps!!!

Please Mark as Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

• Proposed as answer by vikas.a.mehta Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:51 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:51 AM
  • Yes, it is the right framework version of the config files.

I did place it in the behaviorExtensions section right underneath all the "default" extensions.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:13 PM
  • Any other suggestions?

I have seen other posts that theorize this is a bug in the admin console. Has anyone actually seen this work? If not, are there any work-arounds?

Friday, August 5, 2016 2:56 PM
  • Hi ,

Any particular reason you are using the class library from with .net framework 4.0?Upgrade the class library to supported 4.5 frame work and then try

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Hi Mandar,

That is an excellent question. When installing BT 2013 R2 and VS 2013, the newest version of the framework installed is 4.0. The tutorial I am following makes no mention of targeting a newer version. I will give that a shot and let you know. Thanks!

Phil

Friday, August 5, 2016 5:05 PM
  • Hi Phil,

Biztalk 2013 R2 works with .net framework 4.5 onward I suggest you open your class library with VS and change the framework from 4.0 to 4.5...it should work after that

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, August 5, 2016 5:21 PM
  • Hi Mandar,

It turns out that I was targeting the 4.5 Fx, but the BT server also had 4.6 installed. I uninstalled 4.6 from the server, leaving 4.5.2 and now everything works!

Thanks for your help.

Phil

Friday, August 5, 2016 7:56 PM
  • hi phil,

happy..that you solved your issue :)

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, August 5, 2016 8:45 PM