MS is going to kill all developers??????? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I think MS is going to kill all developers for Windows, Windows Phone, UW,... because all of our apps not in store after published or any updated.

Nothing information.

Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:30 AM

All replies

• it does take 24hrs after approval for the app to be available.  Is it not there after 24hrs?
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 4:36 PM
  • In our case, a published and searchable app suddenly disappeared from the search.  In order to try and "fix" this, an update was published and was not visible after the 16 hours mentioned.  A new update was published again today and we will look after 24 hours.  It also affects searches when looking at the "More from 'publisher123'" link and the app is not visible.  The deep link works, but is practical.
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Microsoft is actually hiding most of the apps created by independent developers. Read the answer I got when I exposed the same issue the the tech support:

We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps that target the broadest set of customers. Your apps can still be accessed through deep links and current users of the apps will still be able to receive updates.

We understand your concerns about your apps's experience with the search results. Your apps are published and can be found with the deeplinks. We recommend that you share the deeplinks via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.

Thank you,

Kindest Regards,

Ashley A.

Hard to believe, but you better name yourself "Disney" or "Ubisoft" or "Gameloft" or nobody will be able to find your apps unless they have a deeplink

Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:05 PM
  • 3 of my Apps which were getting more than 5000 downloads per day has been removed from windows phone store search results since 7 january 2016. This store issue will certainly kill the independent developers. Kindly fix the issue ASAP
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Facing The same SERIOUS ISSUE. Want it to be fixed ASAP.
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:34 AM
  • This is not a bug, is is a feature, a feature to make developer learn to develop android anhd iOS app, thank to M$.
    Monday, January 11, 2016 7:26 AM
  • This is not a bug, is is a feature, a feature to make developer learn to develop android anhd iOS app, thank to M$.

I just made my very first android app after being with Windows since WP7.... no regrets, I am not coming back to the Windows ecosystem anymore.
    M$ just wants app made by established iOS/Android developer or Rudy Hyun. Sure, they can do all apps they want.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Windowsapps/en-US/9b8bd372-43df-40c2-8443-56d0b94a142f/urgent-windows-phone-app-missing-from-the-store-not-searchable?forum=windowsstore

There's SO MUCH more ads in AdMob, and paying so much better, with almost a global coverage than PubCenter that's mostly centered around U.S. Seriously! Why have it taken me so long to get out of this crap?!?  :D

• Edited by LastBattle Monday, January 11, 2016 10:05 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 10:05 AM
  • Hey,

My apps are also missing from the store. microsoft should be working to fix it or otheriwise we have to raise our voice through social media

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:25 PM