Code signing and SmartScreen RRS feed

• Question

• Good Evening,

I have a small, non-commercial application signed with a standard code signing certificate (I can't afford an EV certificate). Are there any guidelines for passing Windows Smart Scren ? I am signing using SHA-256. I read that if you don't have an EV, a reputation needs to be established. Is there a particular number of downloads and installs performed, in order to establish the eputation ?

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Aravil1,

This is forum for UWP apps since it is desktop app I will help you move it to correct forum but please let us know the project type of your desktop app. C# /vb.net or windows form/WPF.

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Aravil1 Sunday, June 12, 2016 9:08 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 9:13 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please see: Microsoft SmartScreen & Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates

"Windows 8 applications are not in scope for SmartScreen Application Reputation checks or warnings – these
    apps are reviewed, code signed, licensed & distributed by the Windows store directly."

Is your app winrt app or desktop app?

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:36 AM
  • It is a desktop app
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:40 PM
  • Hi Aravil1,

This is forum for UWP apps since it is desktop app I will help you move it to correct forum but please let us know the project type of your desktop app. C# /vb.net or windows form/WPF.

Friday, June 3, 2016 9:13 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 10:24 AM
  • it is WPF and thanks
    Sunday, June 5, 2016 12:30 AM
  • Thank you
    Sunday, June 5, 2016 12:30 AM