none
Mailbox Item Permissions lost after Import Mailbox shell script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Last night I ran a script that would import Public Holidays, from a PST File, into every user's Calendar.

The command that was run was:
    Import-Mailbox -Identity ian@mydomain –PSTFolderPath c:\pstfolder\publicholidays.pst –IncludeFolders '\Calendar' -Confirm:$False

My script had the above command, with a different username in the -Identity value each time.

The import part worked fine.

This morning, I've found that a number of users have lost their access to other users calendars (i.e. Assistants can't see their Manager's calendar items, and are back to Free/Busy views only.)

Strangely, this has not happened for everyone, but is widespread enough to be a concern.

By process of elimination, the only change that happened on the system was the PST import.

From everything I've read the Import-Mailbox shouldn't have any impact on item permissions, but this makes me wonder.

I am considering whether the ACL entries were corrupted and a cleanup was triggered by the script, but it's hard to say.

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Ian

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Would you please show us the codes of the script you use?

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Hi Simon,

yes the code I used is included in my original post.

Import-Mailbox -Identity ian@mydomain –PSTFolderPath c:\pstfolder\customevents.pst –IncludeFolders '\Calendar' -Confirm:$False

I ran this command for every user in the organisation (created a script in Excel.)

Thanks,

Ian

Ian

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:12 AM