TfsJobAgent service making calls to external IP's. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I have posted my problem in TFS - Set up and admin section as well. However as I am not getting much help there I thought I could get some help here.

The issue is - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6f4f1c9-50be-42e9-867d-8278e1fe479a/what-does-tfsjobagentexe-service-does-what-if-it-is-stopped-?forum=tfsadmin

To summaries the issue:

Security team reported TfsJobAgent Service is making calls to external IP's from TFS Server machine. I am not sure why is it happening. From last one year we did not get such a concern from Security team. The only change made to TFS Server machine was installation of Build controller and agent from TFS application tier and test controller and agent from MTM Lab Management.

Version of TFS is 2015 update 2 and test controller and agent is 2013 update 5.

For time been I have stopped the service temporarily. However I need to get a permanent fix for the issue as stopping the service led to stoppage of reporting services. We have many customized SSRS reports which work on Warehouse DB and data is DB does not seems to refresh / sync.

Please find below screen shorts for reference.

1. Reporting services in TFS Application Tier.

2. External IP's to which calls are being send.

Thanks you.

Ahetejazahmad Khan.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:16 AM

Answers

• the link mentioned has the answer for the issue. Thanks for looking.

Ahetejazahmad Khan.

• Marked as answer by Ahetejaz Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:39 AM
    Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:39 AM