App was not downloadable at 21-22 of March and after was out of any classification New + Rising , Top Free, etc. RRS feed

• Question

• I published my app at 8 march 2014.

At 19 march 2014 my app was in fist page of  new + Rising. I was very happy because my app reach  100 download  for day.

At about 21-22 of March. I see a message on my account of windows Dev center: The download is not available for my app.  The problem will be resolved. The problem was resolved, but the classification algorithm put my app out of  all category: New + Rising, Top Free ecc. (because no download results to it I suppose). Now, from my point of view, the problem was not solved completely because also the right classification should be restored.   So I ask to restore the right classification for my app like appear at the 20 March 2014

My app link is the following:

http://www.windowsphone.com/it-it/store/app/almanac/e4e24ce0-fda9-41d7-8c3d-189770794edc

Best Regard

Mangiota

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hello Mangiota,

Working hard on your app and having it seen in the store is very important to all developers. There are several factors that are taken into consideration when determining app rankings. We are not able to divulge our internal processes on that, but you can be assured that the ratings process has been followed for your app. This rating is dynamic and will continue to evolve over time.

The new algorithms used to generate app lists more directly and accurately reward app quality and user preference. Previously the list algorithms were based primarily on downloads over time. Now we’re able to factor in measures including an app’s customer rating, how frequently it’s pinned or unpinned from Start, and performance (does it crash often?) to determine its overall ranking. The upshot: if you’ve invested in quality, performance, and customer satisfaction you will now more directly benefit through better ranking and discoverability."

Now to be able to promote your application we do have some great links to assist you in this:

Market appeal

Tips to help get your app promoted in the Windows Phone Store

And

How to get your app promoted in the Windows Phone Store, which has a nice video to watch.

As with you and all developers we do wish you the most luck with your applications.

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Phone Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:38 PM