none
The common language runtime could not be loaded by [AddinName]. Contact your administrator for further assistance. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed an Excel Addin for Office 2010 using VSTO and VS 2010.

I have been able to deploy the Addin on few client machines and everything runs fine.

But on a specific client machine, the Addin is loading the first time but when i close Excel and reopen it, my Addin fails to load.

When i activate the alerts, i get the message "The common language runtime could not be loaded by [AddinName]. Contact your administrator for further assistance.". But when i go to Excel options and Addins, COM Addins and check my Addin again, it loads properly. But i dont want user to go through this process everytime he launches Excel.

After further analysis, i have noticed that there is another Addin on clients Excel 2010. When i disable that Addin through Excel options -> Addins -> COM Addins, my Addin lauches properly. So i have realized that it is a conflict between two Addins. As long as the other Addin is disabled, my Addin works fine.

How do i resolve this conflict. Can someone show me some pointers.

Thanks,

Shail

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:29 PM

All replies