[UWP]Windows services and UWP apps RRS feed

• Question

• We have a UWP app that talks to a Windows service via RPC using Custom Capability. Since the app has to now execute a win32 EXE we had to add Desktop extension support to the UWP app and thus add a Packaging project to the solution. The app can now excecute  Win32 EXEs using the fulltrust capability specified in the package manifest of Packaging project. The fulltrust application is a Win 32 app that launches the EXES. This is based on the fulltrust sample(https://github.com/StefanWickDev/UWP-FullTrust/tree/master/UWP_FullTrust_2)

But after the addition of desktop extension support and deplying the packaging project,the UWP app is now not able to talk to the Windows service via RPC. It worked well before adding packaging project. When trying to open the RPC communication , the error code we are getting is  1775(A null context handle was passed from the client to the host during a remote procedure call.) . The Custom Capability and SCCD file are specified in the UWP app. What could be the reason here? Since the UWP app is now launched by the packaging project, does the packaging project needs special permission or its own custom capability?

Since the role of the packaging project is to launch UWP app, once the app is launched shouldnt it work as earlier?

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I can not say that Packaging project is cause. 

But anyway you can ignore Packaging project and  just add your fulltrust exe as content to your UWP project and specify exe relative path in manifest for example 

<deskwindows.fullTrustProcess" Executable="Assets\Executables\ClassicApp.exe" />

Make the community better together

• Edited by Azat Tazayan Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by its_me_here Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:22 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I can not say that Packaging project is cause. 

But anyway you can ignore Packaging project and  just add your fulltrust exe as content to your UWP project and specify exe relative path in manifest for example 

<deskwindows.fullTrustProcess" Executable="Assets\Executables\ClassicApp.exe" />

Make the community better together

• Edited by Azat Tazayan Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by its_me_here Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:22 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Thank you, Azat. The app works fine now.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:23 PM