none
Visual Studio 2015 check outs the solution at build time

Question

• After upgrading from Visual Studio 2013 web site projects to Visual Studio 2015 web site projects (NOT web application projects), every time the project builds it checks out the solution file and a diff doesn't show any changes to the solution file.

We are also running ReSharper Ultimate 10.0.1. The Visual Studio edition is the enterprise, if that makes any difference.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:08 PM

All replies

• Hi dsa1971,

So you mean you are using source control with your website project and after you open the website with Visual Studio 2015, it will checks out the solution file of the website, is it right?

I create a new website project with Visual Studio 2013 and then upgrade it with Visual Studio 2015. When I try to build the website project, it will prompting me to save the solution, which will generate a solution file. So this is why your website project will has solution file.

And when you build a project with Visual Studio, if it has solution file, the solution file will be check out from source control, because project build must need the solution file.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, January 15, 2016 8:34 AM
  • It shouldn't need to checkout the solution file since it's not making any changes to it.  This behavior did not occur in Visual Studio 2013 so not sure what is different.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:04 PM
  • Hi dsa1971,

According to your description, I create a website with Visual Studio 2013 and then add it into source control. Then I open it with Visual Studio 2015 and then check out one of files to edit. When I build the website in Visual Studio in local, I don't find the solution file is checked out.

So please check whether this problem is caused by the ReSharper that installed with your Visual Studio.

Then please create another project with Visual Studio 2015 to check whether there has something changed when the project upgrade.

In addition, please try run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:14 AM