How to get the WebControl Library Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to create a Sharepoint webpart application. But I didnt get the webcontrol library templete under Visual C# project.

What should I do to get the Web Control library template.

Regards,

Dummy Bullet.
    Best Regards, Dummy Bullet.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:54 PM

Answers

• If you are working with Visual Studio 2008, you might be looking for the Web Control Library template that used to be quite apparent in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and kind of hidden under "File - New - Project - Windows - Web Control Library " in Visual Studio 2005.

Well, in Visual Studio 2008, this option is under "File - New - Project - Web - ASP.NET Server Control ". That is the place you you would find the template to create a Web Control Library.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    • Marked as answer by Chengyi Wu Friday, February 12, 2010 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,
            HAve you installed wss extentions ?. Wss Extentions provides Webpart Creation template.

You can download it from here.

Regards,
    Milan C.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:38 PM
  • Hi,

I have installed and I am getting the web control library in the Visual Studio 2005.

I am not getting the same in the Visual Studio 2008.

Can you please clarify it?

Regards,

DummyBullet.
    Best Regards, Dummy Bullet.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:52 PM
  • If you are working with Visual Studio 2008, you might be looking for the Web Control Library template that used to be quite apparent in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and kind of hidden under "File - New - Project - Windows - Web Control Library " in Visual Studio 2005.

Well, in Visual Studio 2008, this option is under "File - New - Project - Web - ASP.NET Server Control ". That is the place you you would find the template to create a Web Control Library.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    • Marked as answer by Chengyi Wu Friday, February 12, 2010 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:40 AM