none
How to restrict the filters in the view drop down list in Manage timesheets in project server 2010 . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to restrict the users access to a few timesheet period alone, ie, i just need one filter in the view drop down list in the Manage timesheets in project server 2010 . Please help me in how to do this.

Thanks,

Lovely
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Lovely,

there are no filters for this. To restrict users to access (modify) several timesheets, you can set these timesheet periods to Closed in Server Settings - Time Reporting Periods. This will prevent all user from modifying, recalling and deleting timesheets of closed periods.

At least not OOB. Perhaps there is any chance with custom develoment?

Does that help?
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:00 AM

All replies

• Please look into this query

Thanks,

Lovely
    Monday, April 18, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Hi Lovely,

there are no filters for this. To restrict users to access (modify) several timesheets, you can set these timesheet periods to Closed in Server Settings - Time Reporting Periods. This will prevent all user from modifying, recalling and deleting timesheets of closed periods.

At least not OOB. Perhaps there is any chance with custom develoment?

Does that help?
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:00 AM
  • Thanks a lot Barbara.

So if the timesheet period is of one day and if we want employees to access current and previous timesheets alone, admin need to close the timesheet period daily right.

Is there any possibility that they will get only one option (ie, current and previous) in the view drop down in Manage Timesheet or any other way to avoid the daily admin work?

Thanks,

Lovely
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Sorry, I am not aware of any built-in feature to restrict filters (I understand that changing period status is quite an effort to do daily). Hopefully someone else will fall in with additional ideas!

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:10 AM