none
WCF-OracleDb : PostpollStatement Sleep RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi there,

I want to execute the pl/sql block DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(3) on the postpollstatement of the Receive location.

Whenever I specify this value, I get the following error (there is no error if I don't specify this block)

Any idea of what is the exact syntax? could I force a wait on the postpollstatement? if yes how?

URL "oracledb://myserver/?PollingId=Accounts" is shutting down. Details:"System.NullReferenceException: The reference is not set to instance of an object.
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.EndOperation(IAsyncResult result)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.IOneWayAsyncTxn.EndOneWayMethod(IAsyncResult result)

Below is the detailed warning

The adapter "WCF-OracleDB" raised an error message. Details "System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
       à Microsoft.Adapters.OracleCommon.ProcedureResponseBodyWriter.OnWriteBodyContents(XmlDictionaryWriter writer)
       à System.ServiceModel.Channels.BodyWriter.WriteBodyContents(XmlDictionaryWriter writer)
       à System.ServiceModel.Channels.BodyWriterMessage.OnWriteBodyContents(XmlDictionaryWriter writer)
       à System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message.WriteBodyContents(XmlDictionaryWriter writer)
       à Microsoft.Adapters.AdapterUtilities.AdapterMessage.OnWriteBodyContents(XmlDictionaryWriter writer)
       à System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message.WriteBodyContents(XmlDictionaryWriter writer)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfMarshaller.CreateBizTalkMessageStream(Message wcfMessage, IAdapterConfigInboundMessageMarshalling config)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfMarshaller.CreateBizTalkMessage(IBaseMessageFactory messageFactory, IAdapterConfigInboundMessageMarshalling marshallingConfig, Message wcfMessage)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfMarshaller.CreateBizTalkSubmitMessage(IBaseMessageFactory factory, String inboundTransportLocation, String inboundTransportType, RLConfig config, Message wcfMessage, String ssoToken)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkSubmitBase..ctor(Message message, BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, ControlledTermination control, AsyncCallback realCallback, String ssoToken)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkSubmitTxn..ctor(Message message, AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Transaction transaction, BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, String ssoToken, ControlledTermination control)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkOperation.Create(Message message, AsyncCallback callback, Object state, String ssoToken, Boolean bizTalkOneWay, BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, ControlledTermination control)
       à Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.BeginOperation(Message message, AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Boolean bizTalkOneWay)".

BizTalk Consultant in France

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:14 PM

All replies

• It looks like the following post calls that proc with the Oracle ODBC adapter: http://bembengarifin-tech.blogspot.com/2008/04/biztalk-2006-oracle-adapter-odbc.html.

I wonder if the WCF-OracleDB adapter can handle that statement or not. If you must use the OracleDB adapter I would contact Microsoft Support about this issue - the stack trace shows the error is coming from the Microsoft adapter assembly.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:58 PM
  • hmmm,

The link doesn't provide any help.

I used this dbms_lock.sleep(1) in other servers, and in just one server the recieve location didn't generate an error

Regards,

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:28 PM
  • could you change this to "select dbmc_lock.sleep(1) from dual" and check if it works for you?
    -- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:10 AM
  • I think you ment select dbms_lock.sleep(1) from dual, but no, it does not work

I keep getting the same error messages, the reference is not set to an instance of an object? weired isn't it?

Regards,

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:55 PM
  • Since you said it works on other servers, maybe try removing the receive location and recreating it? Or try importing the binding file from the other server - perhaps something happened to that receive location's configuration.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:19 PM
  • Frist I thought it worked, but this was because there were no data to retrieve from Oracle, but in fact, it did not work

Regards,

Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:14 PM
  • Could you share the binding configuration with us?
    -- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:03 AM