Xaml editor performance in VS11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I performed a quick test on some very simple xaml forms to compare performance between vs2010 and vs11...

In VS2010 this (IMO) simple page takes a few seconds to render.

In VS11 the same file takes nearly 30 seconds.

I'm running an SSD based machine (vertex 3 on a SATA3 connection), 16GB RAM and an i7-3930.  There really should be no waiting for the designer at all on a machine like this.  At no point during the wait for the designer does CPU usage get over 10% (as a total).  No single core gets beyond about 25%.

The one feature that VS11 requires is to be faster than VS2010 not slower.  The performance cost going to VS2010from VS2008 was huge.  Can someone confirm that this performance is because of bugs that are not yet resolved in this beta?

Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Darren,
    >> Can someone confirm that this performance is because of bugs that are not yet resolved in this beta?
    The VS11 has more features than VS2010 , this may be causing the VS11 more slower than VS2010.
    And It also may be caused by what your think. Because the VS11 is only a beta version instead of a release version.  We cannot give a definite answer.
    But your feedback is very important for use, you can submit your suggestions to UserVoice, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously, thanks.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:52 AM