none
Apply security to Excel and Word files on Office 365 OneDrive and SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Question

I have Word and Excel documents in OneDrive or SharePoint and security is applied to them using the build in security features in Excel and Word. I am trying to figure out how to unsecure a Word or Excel file that is opened using Office Web Apps as well as apply security to a Word or Excel file when it is saved or closed using Office Web apps. Looking at the Office API for JavaScript I am not finding the events or methods to use. Maybe security cannot be handled or managed on the Web version of these apps?

Thank you

Jim

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

>>Looking at the Office API for JavaScript I am not finding the events or methods to use. Maybe security cannot be handled or managed on the Web version of these apps?<<

There is no such API we can manipulate the security for the Office documents at the repent version of Office add-ins. Here are some helpful links for you learning Office add-ins:
    Office Add-ins

JavaScript API for Office

If you have any request of new feature for Office add-in, you can try to submit the feedback via link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:07 AM

All replies