none
Query to find historical Timesheet Approver in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I need the query to find original timesheet approvers for each timesheet. The current Timesheet Manager may have been changed so I don't want to rely on the field: MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceTimesheetManagerUID.

Seems like I should be able to get this out of a MSP_Timesheet table....

MSP_Timesheet.LastStatusChangeResourceNameUID appears to be null

Carl

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:08 PM

All replies

• The Reporting db holds copies of all Timesheet data, so I would read from there.

Good luck!

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:54 AM
  • Hi Rod,

Yes, the timesheet tables in the Reporting db is where I am looking (see my notes), but I can't find this basic information. I hope it exists.

Carl

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:37 AM
  • Carl,

Take a look at ApproverResourceNameUID in the MSP_TimesheetLine table in the RDB.

Treb Gatte

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi Treb,

Thats the timesheet line task status manager.

Carl

Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Hey Carl,

Then either the SDK is wrong or you found a bug or both. :-)

The SDK lists this field as "Resource GUID of the timesheet approver" which is typically not the same as the Task Status Manager.

What about LastStatusChangeResourceNameUID in the MSP_Timesheet where the TimesheetStatusID indicates approved? Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

Treb Gatte

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:04 PM
  • Hi Treb,

In my system, which has April patches, TimeSheet.LastStatusChangeResourceNameUID is null. My guess is that it only gets valued when someone "adjusts actuals" - that is just a guess; I haven't tested.

Its easy to use MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceTimesheetManagerUID but that underminds the whole rational of the timesheet tables.

Carl

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:46 PM