How do I open the MakeAppx.exe file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

So I want to create an appxbundle file from a folder containing an uwp app with MakeAppx.exe which is normally located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64\makeappx.exe. Now the file doesn't open by double clicking on it so can anyone tell me how do I execute that MakeAppx.exe file?

• Moved by Breeze Liu Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:50 AM publish issue
    • Moved by Mattew Wu Tuesday, June 20, 2017 3:13 AM
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This tool should be used from a command prompt or a script file.

You can try the following command line:

After that, you can refer to Create an app package with the MakeAppx.exe tool to check the syntax and options.

If it's helpful, please mark it as answer so that other community can find it more conveniently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Toufiq Imrose Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This tool should be used from a command prompt or a script file.

You can try the following command line:

After that, you can refer to Create an app package with the MakeAppx.exe tool to check the syntax and options.

If it's helpful, please mark it as answer so that other community can find it more conveniently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Toufiq Imrose Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Thank you
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:09 AM