Contextual Help RRS feed

• Question

• User-326746839 posted

Hi,

How do you add contextual help to your dynamic data site?

I'd like to add some kind of help to the end-user (depending on the entity he/she might be working with) BUT as there is only one UNIQUE Page Template

I wouldn't like to add for isnatnce to come withj a trivial solution and putting all of the help at once in a single page or a whole list of links as to redirect the user to find the help he/shes are looking for

I rather have the page teplate showing a different of help depending on the entity he/she are currently working with

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:10 PM

Answers

• User-326746839 posted

Hi,

I came with a simple rather trivial and solution. Inthe Page_Load event I put a  switch statement to fill a multiline textbox for showing the text I ewanted to display depending on the currently used entity

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador) 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 12:48 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Carlos, I have been discharged from Hospital so no more visits there and I am slowly getting back to work and that means I will be going on the forums again soon :)

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:59 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

Hi Carlos, long time no speak I have a solution to this and will do a blog post later today and then post a reply here.

P.S. Sorry not been around for a month or so I had a heart attack and then was in hospital waiting for a tripple heart by pass and been recovering since then, I have really let the forum slip :(

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:26 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Oh my God ...! I really wish you are so much better now 

God bless you and give you enough strenght and life to continue sharing with your family which is what really worths in this life

I have not had the chance of knowing you pèrsonally but I wish there will be the day that we do that .... your work is so encouraging to all of us .... kind of inspirational ... so please  ...DO NOT DISMAY .... be strong 

Your always friend

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador) 

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:14 AM
  • User350138131 posted

Hi Steve.

Hardly I will be able to exactly express my gratitude for your work, and the experience for your precious health.

But I subscribe to Carlos and enroll in his every word.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:23 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Hi,

I came with a simple rather trivial and solution. Inthe Page_Load event I put a  switch statement to fill a multiline textbox for showing the text I ewanted to display depending on the currently used entity

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador) 

Friday, March 29, 2013 12:48 PM
  • User-326746839 posted

Does anyone knows how is Steve Naughton doing? Is he ok? Has he recovered from his heart surgery?

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador) 

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:51 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Carlos, I have been discharged from Hospital so no more visits there and I am slowly getting back to work and that means I will be going on the forums again soon :)

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:59 AM