none
[PHP] Azure Wordpress Sites Not Connecting to DB RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 Wordpress websites hosted through Microsoft Azure. They were all working fine yesterday but now say: "Error establishing a database connection".

I have tried using FileZilla to inspect the wp-config.php and all the fields for DB_NAME, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD, and DB_HOST appear correct.

When I inspect Azure it says everything is running. Going to the database item in Azure it redirects me to the ClearDB management portal and everything appears okay here as well.

Also I tried adding "define( 'WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true );" to my wp-config.php as well and going to repair but this did not work either.

What can I do to fix this?

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please upgrade the clearDB to different plan and check if the same issue occurs.

Regards,
    Azam Khan

• Proposed as answer by EricMutua44 Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:04 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by EricMutua44 Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:20 PM
  • There are different causes of database connection error.If database is corrupted,Wordpress cannnot establish connection.If your Database Server is down,your WordPress site will not connect.Here are tips and methods to troubleshoot database connection error. http://techoverload.net/fix-error-establishing-database-connection-wordpress/

Thank you

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:07 PM