Common Key Chain Store available?

Question

• Hi,

Am developing store application which has a setof applications that needs a common access to folder or a location, Is there anything available in window8 other than knownfolders , something like keychain access or store where a particular publishers application can access a particular data.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 5:43 AM

Answers

• At this time, you can keep information either inside the knownfolders or insde the app itself. We don't have a mechanism for multiple apps to be considered as a single package, and therefore uninstall information as a single package, but I think it's a good idea. I will pass this along to our product team.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by jashif Friday, March 07, 2014 9:16 AM
    Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:39 PM

All replies

• Knownfolders is that location. What about it doesn't work for you?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:59 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Known folders like documents folders will work fine but the problem is even though the application is removed , the data related to the application stored in the known folder will not be removed. So based on a particular publisher app is there any way to access a particular location for all the apps.

Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:46 AM
  • At this time, you can keep information either inside the knownfolders or insde the app itself. We don't have a mechanism for multiple apps to be considered as a single package, and therefore uninstall information as a single package, but I think it's a good idea. I will pass this along to our product team.

• Marked as answer by jashif Friday, March 07, 2014 9:16 AM
    Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:16 AM