none
Kinect not detected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed MSV 2010 C++, then the SDK, started MSV and then i plugged my Kinect into USB slot.

My problem is that the drivers are not detected and I get an error message.

Kinect is working fine on a other system(installed immediately)

(I also changed the usb slots, no changes  )

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards,

Paul

Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you give us details about the exact error message you saw? Also, If you go to Device Manager, what devices do you see under "Microsoft Kinect" group and "Sound, video and game controllers" group?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:51 PM
  • I have the german version of windows...

But the error said me that the Device was not recognized and won`t be able to use...(no drivers were installed)

After that i tried to install the drivers manually, and let it search after them in C:\Windows

He found a driver: Generic Hub

But it wasn`t able to install the driver because the file was not found.

There is nothing in the Device Manager, that the problem

Running Windows 7 x64 Bit

kind regards,

Paul

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:19 AM
  • Do you have any other USB devices connected to this machine? Could you try this same thing with only Kinect connected to USB, directly to machine (i.e.: not connected through any USB extension)?

Also, make sure Kinect is connected to both USB port and electrical power. Kinect for PC needs to be plugged in to both at the same time.

Please confirm you did these things and I'll see if we can help you more,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:04 PM
  • I didnt use any USB extension and it was connected to external power

thanks anyway

Kind regard,

Paul

Monday, July 25, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Did you try reinstalling the sdk? I had similar driver problems and reinstalling can always help. Also, after installing the sdk always try to restart your computer even if it doesnt tell you to because windows registers components upon restart of the computer and it will make sure your device driver installed/registered all components correctly. <- I do this a lot also and it helps solve a lot of problems too with devices drivers especially.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:58 PM
  • Did you try reinstalling the sdk? I had similar driver problems and reinstalling can always help. Also, after installing the sdk always try to restart your computer even if it doesnt tell you to because windows registers components upon restart of the computer and it will make sure your device driver installed/registered all components correctly. <- I do this a lot also and it helps solve a lot of problems too with devices drivers especially.

I do this but still window 7 is not detecting my kinect
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:44 AM