Can't reserve a name RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to reserve an app name, that I have verified is available, I get the following error:

Unexpected error, we couldn't complete your request. Please try again later.

Correlation ID: 4e0be2b3-7c20-49ed-9d9f-a29d405be10c

This happens whether I reserve the name from the dashboard (or an abbreviated version of the message) if I try to reserve it from Visual Studio Create App Package)

Jeff Graubart

• Moved by Mattew Wu Thursday, May 31, 2018 9:52 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

>This happens whether I reserve the name from the dashboard (or an abbreviated version of the message) if I try to reserve it from Visual Studio Create App Package)

You might firstly wait some time and try this again later since this could be a temporary Dev Center server maintenance.

If the error persists, please create a support ticket through your developer account so that support investigate it with details.

Please click "Contact us" and select Dashboard issue as support topic to submit an incident.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jeffgrau Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:20 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

>This happens whether I reserve the name from the dashboard (or an abbreviated version of the message) if I try to reserve it from Visual Studio Create App Package)

You might firstly wait some time and try this again later since this could be a temporary Dev Center server maintenance.

If the error persists, please create a support ticket through your developer account so that support investigate it with details.

Please click "Contact us" and select Dashboard issue as support topic to submit an incident.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jeffgrau Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:20 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:55 AM
  • Thanks Matthew. Although I waited an entire day, the problem did not go away. Since this was my first time creating an app, I was sure there was a problem. However, today I tried it and everything worked. Maybe my new account failed to propagate to all the databases needed in the first 24 hours.

Jeff Graubart

Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:20 PM
  • Patience seems to be a requirement.  I also experienced an app name available in Visual Studio "associate app" that was not available in the dashboard.  The dashboard took a full day to update.
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:48 PM