none
Signing Windows system driver RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an Azure account and logged in , but cannot find any of the links described in support posts about how to submit my driver for approval.

In fact most help topics mention start by creating an admin account, but where?

The Azure portal provides no useful links or leads.

Please advise.

• Moved by May Luo-MSFT Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:16 AM hardware issue
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:29 AM

All replies

• Try to ask this in the WDK forum. Not a VS question.

- pa

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:10 PM
  • Hi WilliamK22

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s your OS version?

Do you mean you need sign in driver on your Windows device, am I right? I find out some relevant Docs that might be useful to you. Please have a look: Driver Signing.

According Driver Signing changes in Windows 10 said, all new Windows 10 kernel mode drivers must be submitted to and digitally signed by the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal.  Windows 10 will not load new kernel mode drivers which are not signed by the portal.

If I take any misunderstand what you said, please feel free to let me know.

Looking forwards your reply.

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:09 AM
  • That link looks like the best advice so far, but from there there is no useful help or anything that looks related. For example am I supposed to guess that I need to then sign up as a developer and pay $100 fee or what? Are there hidden fees later for submitting my driver?

Some specific instructions posted anywhere would be a great help.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Hi WilliamK22,

About your question, I find an appropriate forum to post it. I will help you to move your thread there. So that you will get a more professional supporting.

Thank you for your patient and hope my reply help you a lot.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:15 AM
  • Try Microsoft WHQL,tools and links are available...
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:46 AM
  • I did. But I only got a response here.
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:53 PM
  • You do not need to sign up as a developer, nor do you need to pay any fees.  You need to signin to the developer dashboard at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard.  There, you should find links to allow you make submissions.

Exactly what kind of driver is it?  The requirements vary by driver class.

There are two ways to get the Microsoft signatures.  You can run the HLK (Hardware Lab Kit) to thoroughly test your device, then submit the test results through the dashboard.  That gets you a signed package that works on all Windows systems.  Alternatively, you can submit for "attestation signing".  Here, you do not need to submit the HLK test results.  You just submit your driver package through the dashboard, and you get back a driver package that is signed for Windows 10 only.

It is a tedious process, but it can be done.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, November 30, 2018 12:23 AM
  • Thanks. My post in the recommended forum has been ignored for some time now.

Saturday, December 8, 2018 9:15 PM