Update the reference from Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1, version 1.0.9651.0 to version 1.0.9651.40228

Question

• Hi,

I was building/deploying my Windows Phone app in Visual Studio Professional 2013 with Update 3. The following console output showed up:

1>------ Build started: Project: CapturingVideos, Configuration: Debug ARM ------ 2>------ Deploy started: Project: CapturingVideos, Configuration: Debug ARM ------ 2>Deploying to Phone Internal Storage... 2>Creating a new clean layout... 2>Copying files: Total <1 mb to layout... 2>Checking whether required frameworks are installed... 2>Warning : DEP0810 : This app references Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1, version 1.0.9651.0, found in your SDK, but you have a higher version of Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1 installed on the target machine, 1.0.9651.40228. If you continue to run this application, it will run against the currently installed version, Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1, version 1.0.9651.40228. Consider updating your SDK to match the version of Microsoft.Phone.WinJS.2.1 that is installed. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260891 2>Registering the application to run from layout...

I was curious about the Warning which suggested me to update the reference from WinJS.2.1 v1.0.9651.0 to v1.0.9651.40228. So I downloaded and installed the Visual Studio 2013 Extensions for the Windows Library for JavaScript (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40793). After restarting the OS and VS 2013, I tried to create a new Windows Phone project from the blank template. I expected the References folder to contain Windows Library for JavaScript 2.1 v1.0.9651.40228. However, it still pointed to the old version, which was v1.0.9651.0. Was I on the wrong track or did I miss something? Please point me to the right direction. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Dongxi Zheng,

Personally I would suggest you do not care too much about the warning (v1.0.9651.0 -> v1.0.9651.40228), it could be some inner upgrade for JavaScript/WinJS but the APIs does not have too much change, if there is some change, you could also read from the MSDN documentation.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Dongxi Zheng,

Could you give a try by following the documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj126963.aspx, the documentation migrate from 1.0RC to 1.0, it is also migrate from older version to a newer one.

Honestly it just a warning but not error.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:00 AM
  • Thanks, Jamles. I will give it a try. I thought a display problem was resulted from this, but later on I found it was not. Now I am just trying to stay updated.
    Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:12 AM
  • Em..., the documentation doesn't quite apply to my case. The WinJS in reference manager was still the old version even after I restarted upon the installation of the Visual Studio 2013 Extensions for the Windows Library for JavaScript (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40793).
    Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:18 AM
  • Hi Dongxi Zheng,

Personally I would suggest you do not care too much about the warning (v1.0.9651.0 -> v1.0.9651.40228), it could be some inner upgrade for JavaScript/WinJS but the APIs does not have too much change, if there is some change, you could also read from the MSDN documentation.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:07 AM