none
Add Bulk Users to Project Server 2010 using a Script RRS feed

• Question

• I have 100 users that I need to add to a Project Server 2010 site. Add these through server settings would take a week to do. Is there a way to add users in bulk like with a script or something that can pull from an CSV

Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi FoxJacobi,

So you want to add users to Project Web App?

Are these users also resources? Or are these users only which cannot be assigned as resources?

If these users are also resources, you don't need a script to add them to project server.

• Go to PWA and open Resource Center
    • Do not select any resources (if resources are selected, deselect them)
    • Click the Open button on the Ribbon
    • The Enterprise Resource Pool opens in Microsoft Project
    • Now you can copy paste the users from an Excel file into the Enterprise Resource (you can also import them from Excel, csv by using File -> Open and define an import map). Important! Make sure to add the exact same columns in the Resource Sheet as in the source file from which you are copying.
    • Make sure to add the field 'Windows User Account'! If you enter the User Account into this field, the resource will automatically become a user in Project Server. If you leave the field empty for a resource, it will become a resource only, and not a user.

If you want to add users only (not resources) you can take a alook at AD sync of you need to write your own importer in PSI.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    • Proposed as answer by Rod GillModerator Tuesday, May 3, 2011 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by FoxJacobi Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:13 AM