BrownField lightswitch html client app RRS feed

• Question

• I have an lightSwitch html app with 30 screen and fat server data , i designed this app months ago , 

so i cant remember codes and etc.., 

well i open app click build and then i get an error (js Exception ),

"Unhandled exception at line 41, column 3274 in script block" and no useful information in output window , 

so , how can i debug app on lightswitch , how can i know where i have done something wrong when there is no information about the error i am getting ?

in genereal how can i Digg in brownfield lightswitch app ?

even i cant remember what is my Home Screen!(no icon in lightswitch for that ?)

• Edited by GHR_ARASH Friday, February 14, 2014 2:34 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 2:31 AM

Answers

• hi Angie Xuthank you for your reply , it was useful , however I solved the problem in another way  , it was an extension in ie and chrome trying to redirect me to ad website , I removed that extension and now it works.
    • Marked as answer by GHR_ARASH Friday, February 21, 2014 10:07 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi GHR_ARASH

Thank for your feedback.

We can find and fix errors that occur in the code that we write by debugging our application. 

When tracing is enabled for a LightSwitch application, trace information might appear on any browser that makes a request for the application from the server. Tracing is a security threat because it displays sensitive information, such as the values of server variables. 

For further information: How to: Enable Diagnostics

In addition, we can also get stack track in Lightswitch following the article below,

How to Get a Stack Trace in LightSwitch

Best regards

Angie Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:08 AM
  • hi Angie Xuthank you for your reply , it was useful , however I solved the problem in another way  , it was an extension in ie and chrome trying to redirect me to ad website , I removed that extension and now it works.
    • Marked as answer by GHR_ARASH Friday, February 21, 2014 10:07 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 10:07 AM