none
Windows 7 Embedded Startup Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I'm trying to boot up a Honeywell Thor VM2 that's running Windows Embedded. When I do, I get a "Continue with System Resume" prompt, where that is the only option. Then, it begins updating, starting with update 19 and goes to about 32 before the Thor just turns off. When powered back on, this process repeats.

I've trying spamming F8 to get to startup repair, but it didn't work. These are mobile computers, so they don't have USB or DVD drivers, only Serial. I would have booted an installation disk and ran startup repair, but you can see the difficulty there. 

We really need this computer to be working. At this point it's slowing down production, so any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Daken

Edit: I don't get any errors at any time. The screen just goes black and then I have to turn it back on. 

Friday, September 4, 2015 6:47 PM

All replies

• Is this the first boot of the system and how the system came out of the box?

WES7 allows OEMs to custom make the OS image. They probably disabled the F8 key. it is probably best to go back to Honeywell to see if they can address the issue.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, September 4, 2015 7:15 PM
  • Nope. I'm not sure how long this particular one has been in use because we have several on the floor, but this one just started doing this one day. I'm assuming it may have been turned off or the battery died during an update. 
    Friday, September 4, 2015 7:46 PM
  • Sounds like Windows updates were running and some update is causing a problem.  Were Windows updates enabled to run?

Was it using EWF or FBWF? 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, September 5, 2015 2:49 AM