SSRS Error: No Such Interface Supported RRS feed

• Question

• User390449127 posted

I have a user that cannot export a report from a Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report in any format. This user is running Windows 7 x86 SP1 with IE8.

The user will bring up any report and it is displayed properly. Then they will click on the Export button on the report toolbar (to export it to Excel or PDF) and this error is displayed:

No such interface supported - Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd URI:http//reportserver...

Other people at this same location and simliar computer configuration have no issues. The problem user has Office 2007 installed and it opens Excel files without issues. Again, this user has this problem with ALL reports and no other user has this issue on any report. Therefore, it is clearly a problem with something on his computer, but I really don't know where to start.

In desperation, I had him click on the "Print" button on the Report toolbar, as I know that triggers the download of some MS-required component. He was able to print from there, but the above error remains.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or feedback. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• User1471008070 posted

Hi KarR,

It seems your user did not install the ActiveX Print Control for Reporting Services correctly, I would advise you install the ActiveX Print Control manually. Follow below steps:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin on the report server and copy the rsclientprint.cab file
    2. Extract the files from the rsclientprint.cab file.
    3. Copy all the files to the client computer to Windows\Downloaded Program Files (you might need to do it using the command windows)
    c:\print\RSClientPrint.dll
    c:\print\rsclientprint.inf
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1028.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1031.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1033.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1036.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1040.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1041.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1042.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_2052.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_3082.rll
    4. Register RSClientPrint.dll by opening a command line (Start->Run) regsvr32 [path]RSClientPrint.dll

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:12 AM

All replies

• User-830595639 posted

Hi,

I think you need to know that if these particular users are able to open any exce/pdf file from internet or not. If they are not able to do this then it might be the problem in IE, otherwise I am not seeing any other reason for this.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:09 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi KarR,

It seems your user did not install the ActiveX Print Control for Reporting Services correctly, I would advise you install the ActiveX Print Control manually. Follow below steps:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin on the report server and copy the rsclientprint.cab file
    2. Extract the files from the rsclientprint.cab file.
    3. Copy all the files to the client computer to Windows\Downloaded Program Files (you might need to do it using the command windows)
    c:\print\RSClientPrint.dll
    c:\print\rsclientprint.inf
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1028.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1031.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1033.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1036.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1040.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1041.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_1042.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_2052.rll
    c:\print\RsClientPrint_3082.rll
    4. Register RSClientPrint.dll by opening a command line (Start->Run) regsvr32 [path]RSClientPrint.dll

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:12 AM
  • User390449127 posted

Challen Fu,

Thank you very much for your detailed solution.  I have forwarded it to my "problem" user (who works at another location) and I will post back with our results.

Thank you again!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:11 PM