Self Hosted SignalR Service Client Access Issues RRS feed

• Question

• User-1268553741 posted

I have a SignalR windows service I created. It is basically Grand Central Station for my project, using internal messaging between clients for specific commands and such...

During the testing phase, this all worked beautifully. However, I am trying to push it out to the client, and there is something not working. I get no errors and the client does not establish an active connection with the SignalR instance. Everything that could be thought of by the network admin was tested, and finally the only thing that worked was giving the user Administrative privileges on the server. Once that was done, that user was able to connect without issue. Needless to say, this is not an option, and the network admin was quick to reiterate that to me.

Has anyone seen this in their usage of a Self Hosted SignalR service? Does anyone know an appropriate work around to allow clients that are not admins on the host server the ability to connect to the self hosted service?

Environment:
              Server:
                        Windows Server 2012 R2
                        .NET Framework 4.5.1

Client:
                        Windows 7
                        .NET Framework 4.5.1

Extra note... the windows service hosting the SignalR instance is being run as an administrator on the box. Could that have anything to do with it? Service bombs out when it attempts to start without administrative privileges.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:37 PM

All replies