none
Moving public folder to another server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Could someone advise me on moving public folders from one exchange 2003 server and another exchange server 2003 within the same domain?

I looked up on Internet and found ways such as “Move All Replicas” or "PFMigrate" tool to use. What is the right way to use?

option 1

1. note down how many of public folder Instances

2. "Move All Replicas" to another server

option 2

1. Use PFMigrate tool. For example 25 items at a time to move

> cscript PFmigrate.wsf /S:old /T:new /n:25 /f:"c:\temp\pfmigrate-add.log" /a

2. once all replicas are on new server, remove the old server's replica

> cscript PFmigrate.wsf /S:old /T:new /n:25 /f:"c:\temp\pfmigrate-del.log"/d

3. Rehome public folder

4. Replicating public folder Hierarchy.

EDB is about 20GB so not sure how long will it take to move over WAN. Could someone advise me the best option method?

Thank you very very much in advance.

Cheers,

Pwint

Friday, February 28, 2014 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Pwint,

To configure public folder replicas, you can check this MS-Library :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124322(EXCHG.65).aspx

To check public folder replicas status, go through this link :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998092(EXCHG.65).aspx

Moreover, you can also try this link to move public folder from one exchange 2003 to another exchange 2003 server in the same domain. Hope, this helps you.

Friday, February 28, 2014 7:56 AM
  • Hi, I did a test with one email enabled public folder to move to another exchange by using replication tab. The folder synced successfully to a new exchange server public folder mailbox store. Now when I tried to send email from exchange 2003 servers to that public folder, emails received but not from exchange 2010. I am getting NDR if I send from exchange 2010. 5.2.1 SMTP error. Where am I doing it wrong? Thanks in advance. Cheers Pwint.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:17 PM
  • ok -KB873393 fixed the exchange 2010 issue.  Have more questions:

pfmigrate /s:Source_Server /t:Target_Server /A /N:20 /SC /F:C:\logfile.log

n:20 How do I know or define which public folder to pick first? Which 20 folders are moved? Alphabetical order or by mailbox size or by oldest/newest??? And when I do the next batch, do I have to delete the first 20 and do another n:20? Then which 20 are moved? the same one before or next 21? Sorry I am a bit confused.

Many thanks..

Pwint

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:42 AM